Talking with your doctor
About your treatment options for skin cancer
After a diagnosis of skin cancer is confirmed, you may have a number of questions about the disease and the available treatment options.
Websites such as this provide a valuable resource of information. However, you doctor or other healthcare professional will be able to discuss your particular circumstances with you and help you decide on the most appropriate form of treatment for you.
Before you see your doctor or other healthcare professional, you may wish to write down a few questions in preparation.
Below are some questions to help get you started:
- What are the treatment options available for treating my skin cancer?
- How effective are the treatment options?
- Is brachytherapy an option for my skin cancer? Is it the right option?
- Will I be cured if I choose to have brachytherapy to treat my skin cancer?
- How long will I need to stay in hospital?
- How soon can I go back to work after having treatment?
- What side effects might I have?
- What is my level of risk of the side effects?
- How does the risk of side effects compare to other treatments?
General answers to common question about brachytherapy for breast cancer are provided in the frequently asked questions section.